Google Search

Ads By Google

15.2.09

Hot news update 15/02/2009

Posted on 5:16 PM by Unknown

David Beckham: How I Decided To Stay At Milan

The Rossoneri are still hopeful of signing Becks permanently and the England international has revealed how he realised they were the right club for him.

David Beckham joined Milan last month on a loan deal from Los Angeles Galaxy, but negotiations to turn it into a permanent move have seemingly hit a brick wall in recent days, as the MLS side have insisted they expect him back on March 9.

However, the Diavoli have not given up hope of sealing a deal and Becks has further explained his decision to continue his Serie A adventure.

“I can assure you that when I agreed the loan deal, I did not think about staying beyond March 9,” La Gazzetta dello Sport quotes him as saying.

“But after a week and having played my first game, I understood that I needed to continue playing at the highest level.

“I did not snub Milan in 2007, their offer was just a little late. I do not regret my choices, though. I didn’t win anything with the Galaxy, but it was a nice experience. I don’t know whether I left my mark on American football, but the MLS sure has a great future.”

Milan face local rivals Inter in tonight’s Derby della Madonnina and will have a golden opportunity to close the gap on the leaders to five points.

“I am lucky, because after the Manchester and Madrid derbies, I will now play this one,” Beckham noted.

“I expect a heated atmosphere, Inter will be the hosts this time around, but I cannot wait for it to start.”

No Response to "Hot news update 15/02/2009"

Milan Channel

ads by kumpulblogger