Google Search

Ads By Google

2.6.09

AC Milan News Update 2 June 2009

Posted on 8:44 PM by Unknown

AC Milan unveil Leonardo

Milan have officially unveiled Leonardo as their new trainer just minutes after Chelsea announced the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti.

The decision to offer Leonardo the job was made public yesterday as Ancelotti revealed he had terminated his contract with Milan.

“A lot of affection links me to Milan otherwise I would not have accepted,” Leonardo explained. “It's an important adventure.

“It's a special day for me. I dreamed of becoming a footballer but not a trainer. A series of circumstances made me make this choice, which makes me happy.

“I have been here for 12 years. I believe it's a big thing to be starting again after Carlo, for the rapport we had together.

“Yesterday was an extraordinary day. The players cried because a friend left,” Leonardo revealed. “Carlo is a friend that showed me a lot of respect in accepting this challenge.

“To be here, having qualified for the Champions League with Carlo, who is happy, and me beginning… I am very happy.

“Now is the time to build, the basis is humility and the desire to work,” Leonardo said, before fielding questions on Kaka's future.

“I hope he continues with us, but it's normal that he interests a lot of great teams on the transfer market.”

No Response to "AC Milan News Update 2 June 2009"

Milan Channel

ads by kumpulblogger