Google Search

Ads By Google

15.3.09

Harry Redknapp: I’d Love Tottenham To Sign David Beckham

Posted on 9:52 PM by Unknown

'Arry is a big fan of Becks and would be thrilled to see him return to England.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has revealed that he would love to bring David Beckham to the club.

Beckham, who is enjoying something of a renaissance in Italy with AC Milan, recently agreed a deal that will see him finish this season in Serie A before returning to LA Galaxy in June.

The England international is then expected to return to Milan in January but Redknapp has admitted that if ever Beckham became available he would be eager to sign him.

“I'm a massive fan of Beckham,” he told the Sunday Mirror.

“He's fantastic footballer and a great role model. I would take him on loan for sure.”

Whether Beckham could ever be tempted to move to White Hart Lane is another matter of course.

Although he grew up in London, the midfielder spent 10 years at Manchester United and has previously admitted he would find it difficult playing for another English club.

Yet this does not appear to have dissuaded Redknapp, who insisted the 33-year-old would be a valuable loan signing.

He said, “He's in great nick and still arguably one of the best crossers of the ball in the game.

“I think any club would take a look at him. He would be a fantastic loan signing.”

The Tottenham boss, whose side take on Aston Villa in the Premier League today, also insisted he had no intention of retiring, despite recently celebrating his 62nd birthday.

"I'll stay managing until I am 75. Why? Because I need the money!” Redknapp joked.

“Seriously, I don't know what I would do without football.

“I can't wait to get out on that training ground with the players in the morning. I just love it.”

No Response to "Harry Redknapp: I’d Love Tottenham To Sign David Beckham"

Milan Channel

ads by kumpulblogger